Full course description
As a licensure candidate, the State of Ohio requires you complete the tasks in this course prior to your student teaching experience. The Office of Accreditation, Placements, and Licensure (APL) at The Ohio State University has created this online course to ensure licensure candidates meet this requirement. This course does not offer any badges or certificates of completion. Completion of this required course will be tracked by your program and must be completed prior to the start of student teaching.
In this course you can expect to be able to:
- Understand your role as an educator and the adverse effects of opioids and other substance abuse
- Summarize the four-year Resident Educator (RE) in Ohio
- Recognize and have a basic understanding of the various Ohio Operating Standards
- Explain the seven Ohio Standards for the Teaching Profession and their relation to the OTES and RE processes
- Understand the expectations of an educator as outlined in the Ohio Standards for Professional Development
- Understand how the Value-Added Student Growth Measure impacts teacher evaluation in Ohio
Note: the recommended browser for taking this course is Google Chrome, to provide the best user experience.
Need assistance with the enrollment process? See our Enrollment Quick Guide for assistance.
If you have registration questions or experience issues with this course, please submit a request for support through our EHE Scarlet Support Request Form. Make sure to include the full name of the course and the email address you used to register your account in Scarlet.