Full course description
This is a for-cost course. To accept responsibility for payment and pay via credit card, use the Promotional Code: SendMeInvoice when signing up for this course. Once you are enrolled you will receive an invoice for the cost of this course. If payment is not received prior to June 1, 2021, you will be dropped from the course.
The purpose of the course is to allow educators (who are currently teaching or want to teach) to reflect on what online teaching methods work for them as professionals, teachers, and tutors. We will explore new ideas for revitalizing teaching through live and online discussions.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify pedagogies you would like to use in the classroom
- Read texts about teaching practices you enjoy
- Discuss best practices and increase confidence in teaching
- Connect with other teachers facing similar challenges
- Explore and experiment with educational practices by teaching a short practice lesson in a supportive online environment.
June 1 - July 7
Required Live Sessions:
For your schedule, please note we will meet synchronously in our online course from 10:00am - 12:00pm on the following days:
Wednesdays: June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, and July 7
Summer Institute Course Theme
Technology as a Learning Tool
The recommended browser for taking this course is Google Chrome or Firefox
If you have registration questions or experience issues with this course, please submit a request for support through our EHE Scarlet Support Request Form. Make sure to include the full name of the course and the email address you used to register your account in Scarlet.